Current advice on school attendance for children and staff members
School will reopen fully on Wednesday 2nd September.
The following advice must be followed.
If you have these symptoms, however mild, –
- the recent onset of a new continuous cough,
- loss of or change to your sense of smell or taste
- a high temperature –
Stay at home and do not leave the house for 10 days from when the symptoms started, apart from to attend a testing facility. All the people living in your house also need to self isolate for 14 days. For anyone in the household who starts displaying symptoms, they need to stay at home for 10 days from when the symptoms appeared, regardless of what day they are on in the original 14 day isolation period. If after 10 days you still have a high temperature, you must continue to self-isolate until the temperature has returned to normal.
As soon as you have symptoms, you must arrange for a test.
If your test is negative isolation can end and you can return to your normal activities.
If your test is positive your whole household must complete the above self-isolation.
- You do not need to call NHS 111 to go into self isolation.
- If your symptoms worsen or are no better after 7 days, contact NHS 111 online.
- If you have no internet access, you should call NHS 111.
- For a medical emergency dial 999.
- Wash your hands more often than usual, for 20 seconds using soap and hot water, particularly after coughing, sneezing and blowing your nose, or after being in public areas where other people are doing so. Use hand sanitiser if that’s all you have access to.
- To reduce the spread of germs when you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue, or your sleeve (not your hands) if you don’t have a tissue, and throw the tissue away immediately. Then wash your hands or use a hand sanitising gel.
- Clean and disinfect regularly touched objects and surfaces using your regular cleaning products to reduce the risk of passing the infection on to other people.
If you have any concerns, please contact school . We will try our hardest to answer your questions.